Re: line-spacing in the minibuffer/echo area

From: Nick Helm
Subject: Re: line-spacing in the minibuffer/echo area
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 17:04:56 +1300

> This works for me out of the box.  I tested with Emacs 23.4, 24.5 and 25.

As it turns out, it's working correctly for me as here well - I was
seeing one thing and expecting something else.

> For me, the effect of setq-default line-spacing is respected by both
> minibuffers and echo area buffers. But it only makes a difference when
> multiple lines are shown there (like in any other buffer, too).

This was the eureka moment. For some reason, I though line-spacing
worked by manipulating the :line-height property of the newline
character, so I could use it to change the apparent vertical space
available to even a single line. It's not and I can't.

As soon as I change to a multi-line minibuffer, the new line-spacing is
obvious.

Thanks for the help.