Emacs >24.5 hangs on yank()

From: Sebastian Fischmeister
Subject: Emacs >24.5 hangs on yank()
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 07:43:55 -0400

Hi,

Every since the upgrade to 24.5 (also on 24.5.1), after a while of using
emacs, it hangs when I want to paste some text using yank(). Sometimes
Emacs recovers after a timeout but sometimes it is stuck forever; C-g
does not help.

If Emacs recovers, every subsequent yank will also cause the same
behaviour. Quitting my clipboard manager has no effect. Setting
x-select-enable-primary and x-select-enable-clipboard to nil helps, but
only if I start emacs with it and not once the problem is occurring.

Emcas 24.4 does not have this problem.

When running strace on the PID while emacs hangs, it produces a lot of
brk() followed by a couple of recvmsg() with '-1 EAGAIN (Resource
temporarily unavailable)'.

When quitting emacs, it briefly hangs with the message that it is
syncing with the clipboard manager.

Sometimes, I also get this message: "x-dnd-handle-xdnd: Timed out
waiting for reply from selection owner".

Any ideas what is going on? At the moment I have to restart emacs about
every two hours because of this.

Thanks,
  Sebastian