M-x term on Windows

From: Random832
Subject: M-x term on Windows
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 23:51:58 -0400

When I run M-x term in Windows, it doesn't work. If I let it run
cmdproxy, it prints the startup message and prompt but accepts no
input. If I run any other program (e.g. the interactive python
interpreter), I don't even get that.

M-x shell is adequate for running command-line commands, but I would
like a terminal to be able to run a ssh client (plink?) in. Has anyone
else managed to find a solution for this problem?

M-x list-processes shows some elaborate sh script:

/bin/sh -c stty -nl echo rows 23 columns 80 sane 2>/dev/null;if [ $1 =
.. ]; then shift; fi; exec "$@" .. c:\Python34\python.exe

I remember installing Git bash in C:\bin\sh.exe to try to make this
work, but didn't follow up with doing anything about stty or /dev/null
etc.