RE: New Files and directories

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: New Files and directories
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 06:40:50 -0700 (PDT)

> I haven't used emacs for a while and I forgot how to refresh the directories
> content.
>
> When I create new files/directories, my emacs won't show them unless I
> restart it... pretty annoying... I remember I had a shortcut for that.
>
> I've been looking for two hours to find the command and still nothing, could
> anybody help me please ?

Sounds like you are using Dired (`C-x d'), and you want to refresh
the display of files.  You can use `g' to do that.

`C-h m' in any buffer usually gives you helpful information about
that buffer (mode).  In Dired it mentions `g', among other things:

  Type g to read all currently expanded directories aGain.
  This retains all marks and hides subdirs again that were hidden before.