Re: set-background-color changed with emacs 24

From: Ken Goldman
Subject: Re: set-background-color changed with emacs 24
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 18:22:21 -0400

On 10/27/2015 5:47 PM, Drew Adams wrote:
(set-background-color "navy")

Now, with emacs 24.5.1, the background for text becomes navy, but the
background where there is no character is dark red.

Works for me.  But you don't provide a very good description of
your problem.  Try to provide a step-by-step recipe to reproduce
the problem, starting from `emacs -Q` (or `emacs -nw`).

I start with "emacs -Q .emacs"

I get what look like default colors.

M-x set-foreground-color green sets the default foreground color to green.

M-x set-background-color navy sets the background text color to navy. Where there is no text, it sets the background to dark red.

M-x set-background-color orange -> when there is no text, sets the background to blue.

It's like emacs is setting the background color for all unused areas to a color that contrasts with the background color for text.

~~

This is through a vnc window. However, I've been working like this for a long time, previous versions emacs didn't do this, and other applications like Firefox render colors correctly.