Re: New Files and directories

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: New Files and directories
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 03:19:18 +0100

hadrien.daures@gmail.com writes:

> I haven't used emacs for a while and I forgot how to
> refresh the directories content.
>
> When I create new files/directories, my emacs won't
> show them unless I restart it... pretty annoying...
> I remember I had a shortcut for that.

Many people have already told you about the shortcut,
so let me join that crowd and tell you that the key
for that is `g' which is `revert-buffer' :)

No, seriously, another alternative is to have dired
automatically and always show an refreshed view.

You can do this with:

    (setq dired-auto-revert-buffer #'dired-directory-changed-p)

If it doesn't work, check out this file and see if you
can figure it out:

    http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/conf/emacs-init/dired-my.el

--
underground experts united