Re: List of evil ex commands?

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: List of evil ex commands?
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2015 20:28:18 +0100

Kendall Shaw <kshaw@kendallshaw.com> writes:

> I know there is an evil list but I've tried twice and had not response
> when trying to join.

You can post through gmane.org using a news reader.

> In vi/vim, to find a file I type :ex. In evil this quits emacs. So, do
> people use C-z C-x C-f to find a file? I'm using helm, so for me it is
> C-z C-x C-f C-k ./ to find a file...

For editing a file in vim you use

:e {file}

In Evil you type `:e TAB' and a list of completions will be shown. `:e'
always worked on vim too. Apparently `:ex' is too new, hence
unimplemented in Evil and is autocompleted to `exit'.

> Do you know where I can find a list of ex commands in evil. I didn't
> immediately find it looking at evil-ex.el.

Search for evil-ex-define-cmd in evil-map.el.