Re: Suppress (pop kill-ring) from *Messages*

From: Random832
Subject: Re: Suppress (pop kill-ring) from *Messages*
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2015 16:19:26 -0500

Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com> writes:
> If I invoke (pop kill-ring) from some elisp code, the top item shows
> in in *Messages*

> How can I suppress the recording of the item in messages?

pop _returns_ the popped object. It's printing as a message because, I
suspect, you're executing it with C-x C-e or M-:. You can suppress this
by having it return nil, but it shouldn't be an issue when the code is
being run normally (being called a function you've put in a key binding,
or a hook etc) rather than through C-x C-e or M-:.