Re: Is gnu.emacs.gnus dead?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Is gnu.emacs.gnus dead?
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2015 23:51:51 +0100

David Hume <David.Hume@example.com> writes:

>> Yet another issue is: instead of using
>> nttp.aioe.org, I'd recommend using Gmane, i.e.
>> news.gmane.org where your post also appeared in the
>> gmane.emacs.gnus.user newsgroup.
>
> Do you mean to read or to post?

I'm able to both read and post both from/to
gmane.emacs.gnus.user with NNTP on news.gmane.org
*and* from/to gnu.emacs.gnus on nntp.aioe.org.

> I am not sure what gnus does when I am browsing
> a different server from the default. I guess it
> posts to whatever server I am currently reading.

Yes. If you want to mess around with that explicitely,
there is the `gnus-post-method' variable. I think that
should be automatized tho if it isn't already...

> I have the server news.gnus.org in my list and I see
> there is a post from Zed which does not appear on
> gmane, or hasn't yet, nor on aioe.

OK. I've never been to news.gnus.org but let me check
it out.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573