Re: Is gnu.emacs.gnus dead?

From: Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo
Subject: Re: Is gnu.emacs.gnus dead?
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2015 18:31:32 -0500

Emanuel Berg writes:
Hikaru Ichijyo <ichijyo@macross.sdf.jp> writes:
I recently adopted Gnus as my main mail/newsreader. I stopped posting when I didn't have any more major questions. It may be that way with a lot of users -- nothing more to say once you're not having any more problems. :)

That is rather indicative of stagnation,

Gnus is not stagnated, check the log of the repo (http://git.gnus.org/cgit/gnus.git/log/) is quite active for being such an old program (which is a good thing).

lack of interest...

There is no lack of interest, the active list is gmane.emacs.gnus.general

It is not just new users that should do new stuff with the software. Not a good sign if so!

Quite the opposite happens for gnus (possibly because of the steep learning curve), see http://git.gnus.org/cgit/gnus.git/stats/?period=m&ofs=-1 those are old users.
Best,
--
Jorge.