Re: How to test if the current line contains only white-spache?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: How to test if the current line contains only white-spache?
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 03:23:38 +0100

Rolf Ade <rolf@pointsman.de> writes:

> Lesser moving the point around may help in finding
> a better solution.

Intuitively, it feels good not moving the point around
too much from Elisp.

Because, moving point around emulates how a human
would solve the problem interactively (i.e., with the
keyboard) contrary to how a computer could just access
the data exactly where it is without any detour.

That said, I often move point around from Elisp (with
`save-excursion') and I have yet to experience a real
problem whose solution was not moving the
point around.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573