Re: Caret tracking with gnome shell magnifier

From: Alex ARNAUD
Subject: Re: Caret tracking with gnome shell magnifier
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 15:05:40 +0100

On 20/11/2015 23:48, Eric Danan wrote:
Hello,
Hello
This is my first message and I hope it is appropriate to send it to this
list.
It's not the right place but I'm visual impaired too. The right place is may be gnome accessibility list.
I am considering switching to gnome on linux and therefore installed the
manjaro-gnome distribution to try it out.
Where do you download manjaro gnome, I don't find it. Do you talk about Sonar GNU/LInux ?
The gnome (3.18) shell magnifier
supports caret tracking and it works in all applications I have tried
except emacs (24.5).
The only way to have emacs working with gnome magnifier is to launch it in the gnome-terminal with option "-nw". It works great for me.
Hence I am wondering whether there is something I did not set up properly
in emacs, or whether I did not install it correctly (I used the built-in
package manager though). Would somebody know how to proceed or have a
suggestion?
We should report this bug to emacs development team but for me it's not useful because emacs works perfectly in the terminal.

Best regards.

--
Alex