Re: It's almost 2016 and when (single-threaded) Emacs hangs, you gotta b

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: It's almost 2016 and when (single-threaded) Emacs hangs, you gotta be smashing your keyboard!
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 16:12:01 -0800 (PST)

On Friday, 20 November 2015 04:46:50 UTC+8, Eli Zaretskii  wrote:
> > Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 21:29:04 +0100
> > From: Alexander Shukaev <haroogan@gmail.com>
> >
> > Currently, I have to work with directories mounted from network.
>
> You are on Windows, right?

I have problems with Emacs hanging on Windows when UNC paths are used.  It is
caused by GNU Global that is processing the buffer contents as a background
process, but does not handle UNC paths. Other external processes may cause the
same problem.  Killing global.exe from Task Manager solves the hang for me.