Re: Caret tracking with gnome shell magnifier

From: Eric Danan
Subject: Re: Caret tracking with gnome shell magnifier
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 11:39:24 +0100

Dear Alex,

Thank you for your answer.

I tried emacs in the gnome terminal and indeed caret tracking works. But
after trying and searching google I understand that in the terminal I
cannnot display images (eg view pdf files or preview latex equations),
which would be a drawback for me (also I read that I cannot use the mouse
and some keyboard shortcuts).

So I would be happy to report the bug. Should I report it to emacs
development team and/or gnome accessibility list?

Regarding manjaro-gnome, I downloaded it here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/manjarolinux/files/community/Gnome/2015.11/manjaro-gnome-15.09-r3-x86_64.iso/download

If I understand correctly, Sonar GNU Linux is manjaro with gnome and
additional accessibility packages preinstalled and set up (screen reader,
on-screen keyboard...) I do not need these additional packages, but do you
think caret tracking could work with emacs (not in terminal) in sonar even
though it does not work in manjaro?

Best regards,

Eric