Re: [orgmode/cygwin] Export as PDF

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [orgmode/cygwin] Export as PDF
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 16:10:07 +0100

Xavier Maillard <lists.emacs.help@xavier.maillard.im> writes:

> One more question: AFAIU, I can directly produce PDF from my orgmode file
> without any (la)tex installation ?

You can produce the .tex file.  To go from .tex to pdf you need LaTeX.
See org-latex-default-packages-alist for minimum requirements.

Presumably you would be able to do something like org → odt → pdf via
ox-odt and LO.  See org-odt-convert-capabilities.

In Org-7 there was a docbook exporter that allowed an alternative way of
producing pdf.  As I recalled it also had dependencies.  I would strongly
advice against using Org-7, however.

> Is this PDF customisable so that I can add my own branding ?

Sure, if you have got enough latex-foo.  See org-latex-class, as and read
up on the latex headers such as #+latex_header, and #+latex_class etc (in
the Org manual).  If you already have a word template, perhaps LO can use
it.  Maybe via org-odt-content-template-file and/or org-odt-styles-file.

Rasmus

--
The second rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club