Tweak company completions order

From: Lele Gaifax
Subject: Tweak company completions order
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2015 23:14:09 +0100

Hi all,

by default the company frontend orders the items alphabetically. I wonder if
there is a way to perturb it taking into account the current prefix, so that
the first items shown are those having its same case.

Example: I'm writing this post and at this point I insert the word "word#"
where the # represent the cursor; company shows its list, where the items are
"WORD", "WORDCHARS", "Word", "Words", "word", "wordpos" and "words". I'd
prefer having instead them ordered like "word", "wordpos", "words", "WORD"...

I browsed the company source, and read about "transformers", but they does not
seem able to reach the "prefix" from which the completion started.

Thanks in advance for any hint,
ciao, lele.
lele@metapensiero.it  |                 -- Fortunato Depero, 1929.