Re: Replacing huge hidden selection when pasting text

From: Alexandre Oberlin
Subject: Re: Replacing huge hidden selection when pasting text
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 00:41:01 +0100

On Thu, 14 Jan 2016 20:37:40 +0100, Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

It might not conform to the "philosophy" behind transient-mark-mode, but in
GNU Emacs 24.5.1 kill-region DOES CONSISTENTLY kill an invisible
(unactivated) region, also when transient-mark-mode is enabled, and even if
delete-selection-mode is off.

This part is normal.  And under the control of `mark-even-if-inactive'.
Sure. I initially made this remark as a simple precision to the following: