Mac: Don't quit Emacs when window is closed

From: Luis Gerhorst
Subject: Mac: Don't quit Emacs when window is closed
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 21:07:46 +0100

Hi,
I have the problem that I always quit Emacs by mistake when I am done with a
task by clicking the button to close the Emacs window. I have a few ideas /
questions:

- Wouldn't it be a good idea to make Emacs act like most Mac application and
not quit the application when the window is closed? Is there some reason why
this is not possible?
- How can I disable the button to close the window or make it call
suspend-frame instead of save-buffers-kill-emacs?

Best wishes from Germany,
Luis Gerhorst