Re: Need "xemacs/init.el" => "emacs/init.el" help

From: Tom Browder
Subject: Re: Need "xemacs/init.el" => "emacs/init.el" help
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 16:29:28 -0600

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 4:14 PM, Dale Snell <ddsnell@frontier.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jan 2016 22:49:50 +0100, in message
> 87io2mli0x.fsf@debian.uxu, Emanuel Berg wrote:
>> Dale Snell <ddsnell@frontier.com> writes:

Thanks so much, Dale and Emanuel, for the speedy response.  Let me
absorb your inputs...

BTW, the reason I use F6 is, as far as I know, the old XEmacs didn't
use 'M-q' for 'fill-paragraph' or, more likely, I was in a giant rush
years ago to get what I needed going.  As far as F6 being a "bad" key
because it is so far to reach, I'm NOT a touch typist and reaching for
the F6 key decades ago didn't seem like a big deal to me.  The VT
effect, though, is a big deal and I think I can get my old brain
around using 'M-q'.

I'll report back results when I get a chance to do some tests..

Cheers!

-Tom