Re: can vc-annotate display changes from one day

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: can vc-annotate display changes from one day
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 15:08:49 +0000

>>> "Dmitry" == Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru> writes:

   > On 01/25/2016 02:27 PM, Uwe Brauer wrote:
   >> Am running usually HG or RCS on my files. Now when I use vc-annotate
   >> (GNU emacs 25.1.50), changes which occur in one day are not
   >> distinguished.

   > vc-annotate uses the dates in the output. Which were recently
   > changed to not include the time in Hg backend.

Recently is when? Because I seem now to remember that the behavior was
different a while ago.

  > Other backends do the same, so I didn't think it to be a major problem.

Since I also changed from Xemacs to GNU emacs and from RCS to HG at the
same time some month ago, I can't say anything about RCS in GNU emacs.

I find the new behavior counter intuitive. Right now I have to check
almost every hour the changes I did in my files and vc-annotate does not
display those changes.

But the 3rd package ahg uses annotate in a way that looks more natural
to me, it is able to distinguish the different commits I made during a
day, but it lacks features vc-annotate offers.

Is there any way to have, at least optionally, such a behavior in
vc-annotate? Or am I the only one to complain....