Icicles for filename insertion in buffer

From: B.V. Raghav
Subject: Icicles for filename insertion in buffer
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 00:40:18 +0530

Hi,

Many a times I feel the need to insert the filename into the buffer.

Example:
1.  `(insert (file-name-nondirectory (buffer-file-name)))' when inserting
    doxygen file comment in a file.

    Though this need is fulfilled by substituting this code snippet for
    evaluation in yasnippet. I have a few other uses

2.  `(insert-file-name-relative-include-directories)' --- when
    completing a `# include' directive in a c/c++ programming.

3.  Taking notes, and referencing in org-mode.

    This requirement is more than fulfilled by C-C C-l (org-insert-link)

Is there a way to use the value selected by icicle (variable name?) and
then trim down prefix using the first match within the sequence of
include directories and appended with values returned by split-string of
$CPATH environment variable.

This should boost the confidence of a novice programmer like me.

Thanks,
(B.V. Raghav)