Re: on ``An Introduction to Programming in Emacs Lisp''

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: on ``An Introduction to Programming in Emacs Lisp''
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 00:58:47 +0100

Daniel Bastos <dbastos@toledo.com> writes:

> This is a report [...] regarding
>
> An Introduction to Programming in Emacs Lisp By
> Robert J. Chassell, published by GNU Press Edition
> 3.10, 28 October 2009 ISBN 1-882114-43-4

What fun!

I never heard of this one. Books on Lisp sure don't
grow on trees (not even firewood does ha ha).

The last book I saw on Lisp was this one:

@book{lispcraft,
  title      = {LISPcraft},
  author     = {Robert Wilensky},
  publisher  = {Norton},
  year       = 1984,
  ISBN       = 0393954420
}

It is about a Lisp dialect called Franz Lisp (a pun on
Franz Liszt, a Hungarian hot-shot pianist) - but it
was mostly same old Lisp stuff what I could see.

Anyway, if I find Chassell's book as a PDF I'll sure
print it and give it look.

The title rings a little off-key - shouldn't it be "An
introduction to *Lisp*, with some of the intricacies
of *Emacs Lisp* on top"?

But it is a title. Grandmother said, never to judge
a book by its title!

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573