Re: on ``An Introduction to Programming in Emacs Lisp''

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: on ``An Introduction to Programming in Emacs Lisp''
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2016 00:23:41 +0000

> focus is 2 - but it should be 1 + 3! (And perhaps it
> is, as I haven't read the book.)

I think you should install Emacs properly - i.e. with all the Info
manuals.

You use Emacs intensively, you've used it for a long time and you've
learned a lot about it.  I didn't know you did all that without reading
the Emacs Lisp Intro.  That's like doing it with one hand tied behind
your back.  It also explains odd gaps in your knowledge that we've
discussed on this list in the past.

My advice is: ditch Debian Emacs and it's policy against info files.
Download the source, build it and use that.

BR,
Robert Thorpe