Re: on ``An Introduction to Programming in Emacs Lisp''

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: on ``An Introduction to Programming in Emacs Lisp''
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2016 23:59:24 +0100

> I have to say, though, that the alleged
> unreliability of the development version of Emacs
> has yet to hit me.

Even so, it requires some overhead to deal with it.
For your favorite editor/OS it can be motivated.
Not for too many applications tho.

Actually the point isn't you should or shouldn't do
it. The point is it shouldn't be a goal in itself.

If you ever end up on the computer forums on the
Internet it is significant how the kids talk.
Firefox version x.y.z and just upgraded to one
zillionbytes of RAM!

Of course, I myself would like modern equipment just
as well but it doesn't define me one "bit" as
a computer person. Some of them kids have ten times
the more modern equipment but will they turn out ten
times the more creative as well? We'll see!

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573