Re: on ``An Introduction to Programming in Emacs Lisp''

From: Daniel Bastos
Subject: Re: on ``An Introduction to Programming in Emacs Lisp''
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2016 09:43:19 -0200

[...]

> I have yet to outgrow excitement about cool features in newer versions
> of Emacs, though. ;-)

Lol.  You're very fond of emacs, clearly.  No wonder.

I side with Emmanuel Berg's point of view because I tend to look at
software as things which cannot fail whatever.  If they fail, chances
are I will look into the failure to see why.  I don't want to find out
that I'm spending hours investigating an experiment someone decided to
try out since last week.  IOW, if something failed, I must be dealing
with a true exceptional situation here.

Of course, nothing keeps from having a system that's used merely for
playing.  (Though I particularly don't have one.  In fact, I don't have
a computer at home.  I use one at work.)