Re: is custom-set-variables saved somewhere?

From: unfrostedpoptart
Subject: Re: is custom-set-variables saved somewhere?
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 09:16:43 -0800 (PST)

On Wednesday, February 3, 2016 at 5:51:51 AM UTC-8, Neal Becker wrote:
> at the end of .emacs is :
>
> (custom-set-variables ... )
>
> I'd like to somehow be able to re-execute this automatically later.  Is
> there some way to do this?  Is this set of customized variables saved
> somewhere so I can re-execute all the settings?

It's saved right there in your .emacs file.  To execute it, just put the cursor
right after the closing parenthesis of the (custom-set-variables ...) block and
type control-x control-e.  This is the command eval-last-seep which will
execute the custom-set-variables block.

You could also highlight (i.e. create a region) including that code in your
file and then Meta/Escape-x  eval-region which runs all the highlighted code.

 David