Re: Gnu Emacs 24.3 Crashing On Cygwin

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Gnu Emacs 24.3 Crashing On Cygwin
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2016 18:01:54 +0100

joseph.koziatek@dowjones.com writes:

[snip]

> Is there anything I can do to resolve this?

Please report this issue as a bug (use M-x report-emacs-bug) including
all this information.

It is better if you reproduce the bug with a simple `emacs-w32 -Q'. If
the bug does happen on that case, try to localize what part of your
configuration (on .emacs or the command-line parameters) triggers the
bug. Search the web for "bisect emacs" if you need more details about
how to do this.

> Do the stack traces show what's happening?

Some of them look like they could help.

> Has this problem been dealt with in newer cygwin/emacs releases?

Dunno.

> What can I try?

The current Emacs release is 24.5. I guess that Cygwin has it on its
package manager.