Re: Help setting nadvice for indent-region

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: Help setting nadvice for indent-region
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 18:56:22 +0000

>> Michael Heerdegen
> Be careful: this changes the return value of the advised function to the
> value returned by `when' -- this is not `defadvice'!

After my earlier reply, I realized I did not know about the return values
of the advice functions when using :around. I just did not care what their
return values should be till now (for :around) and it hasn't yet hurt
anything.

I looked up the elisp Info ( (elisp) Advising Named Functions ) for rules
regarding the return values of the advice functions but couldn't find
anything. I understand that the return values of the advice functions when
using a combinator like :before-until are important.

But what should be the return value of an :around advice fn?

Thanks.