Re: Making sure I'm not checking email (or doing other things) too often

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: Making sure I'm not checking email (or doing other things) too often
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 16:21:55 +0100

On 2016-02-15, at 02:29, Emanuel Berg <embe8573@student.uu.se> wrote:

> Marcin Borkowski <mbork@mbork.pl> writes:
>
>> The problem: I hit U (mu4e-update-mail-and-index)
>> way too often. I want Emacs to help me fight this
>> unproductive habit.
>
> The solution: every time you do it - I assume you hit
> the final `u' with your right index finger - instantly
> slap your right hand as hard as you can with your
> left hand.
>
> The only time you will not punish yourself this way is
> when you peace and quiet and with no rush to it
> beforehand thinks "yes, now is the time to check the
> mail!" - and then you do it.

Not funny.

>> Also, I'm a mathematician, and I want to have
>> a general solution to the problem of launching
>> certain commands too often.
>
> It is more something an engineer would do so perhaps
> you are that at heart.

I thought I knew who I am.

Now I don't know that anymore.

Even less funny.

Thank you so much.

:-P

Just kidding, to make things clear.  But with a grain of truth.  We
mathematicians tend to make fun of engineers.  I used to do that, too.
(I still do that, it's soooo much fun.)  But OTOH, engineers are cooler
than pure mathematicians in one respect: they (sometimes) come up with
solutions - sometimes ugly, sometimes stupid - to /real world problems/.
Hard to beat that.

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski