Re: Use 7x13 fixed X font for Cyrillic

From: Javier
Subject: Re: Use 7x13 fixed X font for Cyrillic
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2016 23:44:28 +0000 (UTC)

> In any case, it looks like a bug, emacs by default should not resort
> by default to 12x13.  The font 7x13 with iso10646-1 already contains
> Cyrillic characters.

Or maybe it's not a bug.  Emacs just does that because emacs has no
mechanism to tell which characters are missing in each of the hundreds
of fonts that come with the X distribution.  Looks like a safe default
to be sure that non-latin characters are always displayed correctly
(at the cost of displaying them with a different size).

I don't know if there is a way to disable fallback fontsets and just
display everything with the same font.