Re: Change appearance of selected image

From: Eike
Subject: Re: Change appearance of selected image
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2016 22:16:31 +0100

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <lmi@gnus.org> writes:

> Looking at the code, there seems to be no way to change the width of the
> box that's drawn around images (when the cursor is on them).  You can,
> however, change the colour.  I use a red cursor myself:
>
> (setq default-frame-alist
>       (nconc (list '(mouse-color . "red")
>                   '(cursor-type . box)
>                   '(cursor-color . "red"))
>            default-frame-alist))

Thanks!! That is really helpful. And its good enough for me to recognize
selected images. The only side effect is that the normal cursor is red,
too :) but, that's ok for me.

>> And how can I make Emacs draw/display another rectangle around an
>> image, so it may appear as “marked”?
>
> Hm...  I don't think Emacs has any built-in functionality for doing
> that.  I think you'd have to create a new image that has the border you
> want, and then composite the thumbnail onto it.

Yes, I was thinking about that, too. But I was hoping that I just missed
some vars to set :)

Thank you! and kind regards
Eike

--
gpg: AD7AC35E
finger print: 137F BB0B 1639 D25F DC5D E59C B412 C5F5 AD7A C35E