Re: Why does Emacs lack `backward-delete-word`?

From: Yeechang Lee
Subject: Re: Why does Emacs lack `backward-delete-word`?
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2016 20:12:04 -0800

egarrulo wrote:
> I know how to define `backward-delete-word`, but if such a basic
> command were deemed useful by power users, it would ship with Emacs
> by now.

I sometimes wonder if Emacs users have so many commands they defined
long ago in ~/.emacs that they don't realize that they might be useful
for others in the stock code.

Example: I only realized/remembered the other day that my ~/.emacs has

(global-set-key (kbd "C-x p") 'previous-multiframe-window)
(global-set-key (kbd "C-x n") 'next-multiframe-window)

I almost certainly put it in almost immediately after starting with
Emacs more than two decades ago. Certainly, for the vast majority of
those two decades, I would have sworn that being able to move to the
next and previous window (as opposed to 'other-window, which is stock
on C-x o) is bound to keys by default.

--
geo:37.783333,-122.416667