Re: Can I use movement commands to refine a mouse-defined region?

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Can I use movement commands to refine a mouse-defined region?
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 14:32:08 +0100

Nick Helm <nick@tenpoint.co.nz> writes:

> Sometimes though, my mousing is not as accurate as it could be and I
> would like to refine the region by moving point with C-f, C-b etc.
> However, any movement keys immediately deactivates the defined region
> and removes the region highlight.
>
> Any ideas how I might resolve this?

Maybe this:

  C-x C-x runs the command exchange-point-and-mark (found in
  global-map), which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in
  ‘simple.el’.

  It is bound to C-x C-x.

  (exchange-point-and-mark &optional ARG)

  Put the mark where point is now, and point where the mark is now.
  This command works even when the mark is not active,
  and it reactivates the mark.
  [...]

Regards,

Michael.