Re: pari.el : Process stty in windows ?

From: Ramare
Subject: Re: pari.el : Process stty in windows ?
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 08:17:05 +0100

Please explain why you need that command, maybe there's an equivalent
solution.

I should have been clearer. onlret is not my main problem, but the fact that I don't know how to glue two commands.

The user types something in emacs, pari.el sends it to gp and does not want it to be echoed back. This is the reason of

(start-process process-name process-buffer-name
                      shell-file-name
                      shell-command-switch
                      (concat "stty -echo ; " cmd))

But we get the answer "stty: invalid argument ";"".

The simpler

(start-process process-name process-buffer-name
  shell-file-name
  shell-command-switch
  cmd)

does not work either, emacs seems or pari.el seems to hang (I haven't investigated this part enough).

With the even simpler

(shell-command "gp --emacs")

emacs starts and exits the process immediately, cleanly as if an "exit" command had been entered. The only glitch though is that no prompt appears.

Many thanks for some advice,
Best, O.