Re: Compiling emacs 24.5

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Compiling emacs 24.5
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 12:45:24 -0400

Rich S wrote:

> I am having trouble compiling emacs 24.5 on Redhat release 6.6

FWIW, works fine for me.

> In file included from ../lib/stdlib.h:37:0,
[...]
> /usr/local/include/stdlib.h:509:14: note: previous declaration of
[...]
> gcc (GCC) 5.3.0
> GNU Make 4.1

Various red flags:

That's not the default gcc for RHEL 6.6. Try using the default one.
Why do you have stdlib.h in /usr/local?
Looks like Emacs is using its own lib/stdlib.h, which it should not need
to do.

My guess is that your system has an extra gcc/glibc installation in
/usr/local, which is causing confusion/inconsistencies. Try excluding
it (somehow).