Re: Mail posting in newsgroups in Gnus

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: Mail posting in newsgroups in Gnus
Date: Sat, 14 May 2016 12:26:50 -0600

N. Raghavendra wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > Your address is both whitelisted and subscribed.  Therefore you have
> > both posted and have subscribed.  There will be no moderation of your
> > messages unless you change your address.
>
> Thanks for the clarification.  I have now created a Gmail account for
> reading mailing lists, and have subscribed it to this list.  I am
> posting this message from there.

All looks to be working okay. :-)

> > In theory this is just email, simply needs the In-Reply-To: and
>
> Since I have now moved from Gmane to Gmail, and have configured Gnus to
> read and post from the Gmail account, things should be alright.

And it appears to be all working okay.  Your new address was held for
moderation because it was the first time it was ever seen.  A short
delay in that message.  One of the folks in the listhelper volunteer
team saw it and approved it.  (Wasn't me this time.)  Continuing
conversation from you will not be moderated and will be passed through
at the speed of the mail servers in the mail route.

Bob