RE: scroll-restore-mode breaks comint-mode

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: scroll-restore-mode breaks comint-mode
Date: Sun, 15 May 2016 21:38:42 -0700 (PDT)

> > Don't report it here.  Use `M-x report-emacs-bug'.
>
> So it’s ok to report issues with packages from elpa.gnu.org against GNU
> Emacs itself?  Nice.  Thanks for a prompt response.

Dunno.  Maybe I was too quick and curt in my response.  I thought
this was a problem with Emacs itself.

If it is a 3rd-party library, whether from GNU ELPA, MELPA, Emacs
Wiki, or wherever, then `M-x report-emacs-bug' is probably not
the right way to report it.

In that case, the library (package) code Commentary or doc should
itself tell you how to report bugs for it.  It should at least
provide some contact info for the maintainer.

What I really meant to say (should have said) is to not report
bugs here - this is primarily a help list - but to report them
to the code maintainer.