Re: Overriding emacs key bindings

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Overriding emacs key bindings
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 03:51:10 +0200

> Why use such a key bound to such a useful
> command (`open-line') for a new prefix key
> Especially when C-z is totally useless (and
> in an extreme case when it is what you want,
> `suspend-frame' is duplicated on C-x C-z
> anyway)?

Personally, I never user use `open-line'.
I actually don't know what I do instead:
`C-a RET', perhaps?

But I do have `C-o a' undefined, so I'll put
`open-line' there, and perhaps this "opens"
a door to a new world of editing proficiency :)

If you use C-o for `open-line' all the time,
obviously it is not a good prefix key, unless
you can assign `open-line' another shortcut
just as good, and then reprogram your
brain/fingers, of course.

As for C-z, I like that even less than I like
C-c, for all the same reasons I dislike C-c
*plus* it involves the little finger (compared
to the index finger) and the keys are even
closer than C-c where they are too
close already.

                   - so far: 32 Blogomatic articles -