Re: Emacs 24.5.1 has wrong charset on yanked text with Windows (was: Ope

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: Emacs 24.5.1 has wrong charset on yanked text with Windows (was: Operating on yanked region)
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 19:25:38 +0600

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 6:13 PM, Karl Voit <devnull@karl-voit.at> wrote:

>> but you should not have to jump through
>> hoops just to get text encoding right, as long as the originating
>> application puts Unicode text on clipboard. (And I’m pretty convinced
>> Outlook does.)
>
> How can I test this?

Something like this (Note: Little Programs do little to no error checking):

#include <stdio.h>
#include <Windows.h>

int main()
{
    UINT format = 0;
    OpenClipboard(0);
    do
    {
        format = EnumClipboardFormats(format);
        printf("%d\n", format);
    } while (format);
    CloseClipboard();
}

Unicode text is format 13. ANSI text is format 1. OEM text is format
7. Formats are enumerated in decreasing order of preference, i.e. most
faithful representation first.