Re: How to get markdown preview mode working on Linux?

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: How to get markdown preview mode working on Linux?
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 18:03:04 +0000

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 1:57 PM David M. Karr <davidmichaelkarr@gmail.com>
wrote:

> -----------------
>   /usr/bin/bash: markdown: command not found
> -----------------

Well, I have the markdown binary preinstalled on my system in
/usr/bin/markdown.

Would do you get when you do "which markdown" in your terminal? .. Looks
like you do not have that binary preinstalled.

In that case, download the Markdown source script from
http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/, extract the .pl from that and
place it in one of the folders in the environment PATH variable. Or add
that dir to the PATH var and restart emacs.

I have the following in my config.

    (when (executable-find "Markdown.pl")
      (setq markdown-command "Markdown.pl"))

If everything went fine, you should see "Markdown.pl" when you do C-h v
markdown-command.

Kaushal Modi