Re: Runtime package dependencies and compilation order

From: Boris
Subject: Re: Runtime package dependencies and compilation order
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2016 14:19:27 +0000

Hey Michael,

Thanks for your reply.

> Is this an exclusive "or"?  If not, why not just depend on B _and_ C?

It's not exclusive, it's disjunction. I don't want to depend on both of
them because they are huge. And some people would not like having orphan
package to be installed as dependency.

> ...is really the compilation order a problem, or the fact that A had
> been compiled without B being _loaded_?  Doesn't make much a difference
> from the end user's view, though.

Good question. And I am not sure. I'll look into it. Just out of curiosity.

> In the other case I cannot suggest anything better than what you already
> did.

Alright, then I'll just implement my solution. In any case, I like it. Just
wanted to hear others opinion.

Thanks again and best regards,
Boris