Escape characters in Diff output

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Escape characters in Diff output
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2016 15:21:34 -0000

Hello,

Under Cygwin Emacs (with Cygwin diff tool), I have the escape codes
outputted "as is" in the Diff buffer (instead of being converted to
meaningful colors).

See http://screencast.com/t/MEeIlG5j for a screenshot.

I'm sure it must be some misconfiguration I've done somewhere -- but
where (in Emacs itself, in the Shell, etc.)?  Could you give me a tip at
where I should head first in order to debug this?  Thanks!

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban