Re: Defining functions within functions?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Defining functions within functions?
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 00:17:57 +0200

> A suggestion: Post a concrete example of what
> you need, and see what concrete suggestions
> you get.
>
> Typically, this stuff is not complicated.
> The first thing to do, IMO, is to determine
> whether you really need/want to do something
> special/complicated. Why do you think you
> want a nested defun or other form of local
> function definition?

100% correct!

People do it all the time. The describe the
problem in terms of what technology they think
will solve it. It makes it difficult for them
and everyone else.

But worst thing is even "professional"
employers do this. "We look for two Java
programmers with experience in Eclipse..." shut
up! Tell me your problem and I'll solve it
instantly by replacing your system with a truly
professional one!

*curses!!!*

PS. No disrespect to the OP who is into Lisp
    intricacies for the sake of it like
    many others here.

                   - so far: 40 Blogomatic articles -