Re: Reply to list [was: Different key maps in different dired buffers]

From: Dmitry Alexandrov
Subject: Re: Reply to list [was: Different key maps in different dired buffers]
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2016 15:44:36 +0300

On 04/06/16 22:41, Bob Proulx wrote:
Yes.  I have tried to determine why this is before.  I don't think it
is on Emanuel's end.

I did not imply it either, of course.  However, if the problematic
software or service might be avoided, it’d better be avoided, I believe.
But it have to be found first, of course.

Details follow

Good investigation. :-)

There is no In-Reply-To on the follow-up.  Only the References header
can be used for threading.  Checking through the references in the
place of my message 20160603195221435910074@bob.proulx.com I see
mailman.789.1465006376.1216.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org instead.  That
appears to be the point where threading gets broken.  Something
appears to have converted one message id into another one.

<...>

Again Gnus and News.  Can't tell.

Ah!  Here is one.  Another example of a broken mail link.

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2016-02/threads.html#00390

Original: