Re: Any cool uses of Lentic?

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: Any cool uses of Lentic?
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2016 10:41:28 +0100

Marco Wahl <marcowahlsoft@gmail.com> writes:

>> I'm about to add functionality so that lentic should work out of the box
>> with many forms of script  [...]
>
> I am looking forward to seeing your developments.

They should be pushed fairly soon. Essentially, it means that lentic can
cope with a magic shebang line. Once you've done this, many scripts just
work automatically.

>> Just looking at your repo, you have "compile-docu.org". I do something
>> like this - you might find the `lentic-batch-clone-and-save-with-config'
>> function works for you.
>
> Unfortunately I do not understand this function.  Could you please
> elaborate on `lentic-batch-clone-and-save-with-config'?

Yeah -- as the name suggests it was meant for in batch use, but it can
be used interactively. You just do

(lentic-batch-clone-and-save-with-config
   "~/.emacs.d/init.el" 'lentic-orgel-org-init)

It should then open init.el, process it, and save the lentic form (so
"init.org" should appear).

That section of the code could be neated. Never enough time!

Phil