Re: Help debugging erratic cursor movement

From: Bastian Beischer
Subject: Re: Help debugging erratic cursor movement
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 22:33:02 +0200

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 2:34 PM, Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> wrote:
> Joost Kremers <joost.m.kremers@gmail.com> writes:
>
>>> I'll try to load different components of my setup one-by-one to see
>>> which one is causing it. My best guess at the moment would be
>>> semantic-highlight-func-highlight-current-tag which is part of my
>>> post-command-hook. This would explain why the jump is usually to the
>>> start of a function...
>>
>> If that's your suspicion, why not simply remove that function from
>> your post-command-hook and see what happens?
>
> I think some weeks ago there was a thread on emacs-devel about such a
> problem which has been fixed [1].  So it might be possible that just
> updating your snapshot will already solve that issue.

Thank you so much Tassilo. This sounds exactly like my problem. My
emacs-25 snapshot was recent, but I'm using cedet from it's upstream
repository, which does not contain the fix. I have backported the
cedet change in the emacs-25 branch to my local checkout of the cedet
repository. Let's see if this really fixes the problem.

--
Bastian Beischer
RWTH Aachen University of Technology

@RWTH Aachen
Office: 28 C 203
Phone: +49-241-80-27205
E-mail: beischer@physik.rwth-aachen.de
Address: I. Physikalisches Institut B, Sommerfeldstr. 14, D-52074 Aachen

@CERN
Office: Bdg 32-4-B12
Phone: +41-22-76-75750
E-mail: bastian.beischer@cern.ch