Re: critique: my-first-function

From: James K. Lowden
Subject: Re: critique: my-first-function
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 21:47:34 -0400

On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 03:08:47 +0200
Emanuel Berg <embe8573@student.uu.se> wrote:

My thanks to both you and Stefan.

> `let' should be `let*' since "frame-parameters"
> are used inside the same `let'.

It's a good thing you mentioned that!  The next morning, I had to
restart emacs (because ssh mumble something timeout) and my function
failed.  It had worked the day before because

>   (let ( (frame-parameters

frame-parameters happened to have been defined globally during
testing.  Adding the "*" fixed it instantly.

Is the "*" a convention of some kind that I should be aware of?

> Instead of "frame1" "frame2", name them after
> some property.

Well, one day the whole thing will be a recursive call over a list of
coordinates.  The frames don't deserve names, but I couldn't see my way
to creating the list.

Thanks again.

--jkl