Re: Add-on USB custom keypads

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Add-on USB custom keypads
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 00:39:20 +0200

Tom Browder <tom.browder@gmail.com> writes:

> The reason I want an add-on keypad is because
> heavy use of Perl 6 requires unicode utf8 and
> I want easy access to oft-used symbols.

There is already

    C-x 8 RET commercial at RET

or, if you need even easier access you can
assign shortcuts to the most-often
used symbols:

    (global-set-key "\C-ca" (lambda () (interactive) (insert "@")))

There are other ways to do that, including on
the level below Emacs where the keyboard is
rewired in different ways depending on the
technology where Emacs is executed...

Because, it is not easier to have an add-on
keypad! That way you have to move you hands
from typing position, and then back, and you
eyes have to drop from the text you are typing,
and then reset. Not good...

                   - so far: 48 Blogomatic articles -