what to require (was: Re: prevent scroll-lock-mode from scrolling?)

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: what to require (was: Re: prevent scroll-lock-mode from scrolling?)
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2016 03:19:10 +0200

Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
writes:

>> What about cl-extra?
>
> Same thing.

Perhaps this could be made a waring
when compiling?

Because, when I use a function, then compile,
it says that function isn't known to be
defined, I do `C-h f', find the source, go to
the end of the file, and if it says

    (provide 'cl-macs)

that is what I `require'.

I don't know what other people do but it seems
like a straightforward way. Perhaps this is the
exception to the rule?

                   - so far: 51 Blogomatic articles -