Re: Invalid face reference: quote

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Invalid face reference: quote
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2016 23:27:51 -0400

> What is the reason for all of the "Invalid face reference: quote"
> error messages?

This means that somewhere in a buffer (more specifically in one of the
visible parts of one of your buffers), there is a `face' property whose
value is either `quote' or a list that contains `quote'.

Most likely you're in the second case and the better way to try and
track down the source of the problem might be to try and see what else
is in that list.

> I have added the following setq's to my font lock file.

I don't what what is a "font lock file".

        Stefan